In 2015, UCSB was named a Hispanic Serving Institute (HSI) meaning that 25% of UCSB enrollment identifies as Chicanx/Latinx or Hispanic. UCSB is committed to serving the Latinx/Chicanx student body population.
If you identify as LGBTQ+ & Latinx the RCSGD is here for you. Here is a list of student orgs, student centers, and services that UCSB provides. These resources are ever-changing. These resources are not exhaustive, so if you see gaps and needs or additional information, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com
LA FAMILIA DE COLORES
- La Familia de Colores is the only Latinx and LGBTQIA+ organization on campus. The purpose of La Familia De Colores is to provide a social, activist, nurturing, academic, and community space at UCSB and in the community for Queer and Trans individuals who identify as Latinx.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
M.U.J.E.R. DE UCSB
- M.U.J.E.R.(Mujeres Unidas por Justicia,Educación y Revolución) is a womyn’s support group and political action organization that provides support and advocacy for Chicana/Latina womyn and promotes cultural and gender awareness on campus and in the community.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Amplifies women of color voices with musica “que te hace bailar poquito y pensar mucho”
- Los Ingenieros is dedicated to promoting the advancement of UCSB Latinx students in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) fields. Los Ingenieros is an organization that offers activities and events such as Academic Excellence, Professional Development, Leadership, and Community Outreach.
- Los Curanderos is a pre-health organization that aims to diversify healthcare by sharing opportunities and resources to students and people from diverse backgrounds. Los Curanderos is an organization for various pre-health students to meet, network, and create community.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- La Escuelita is a community service organization that has been serving the Isla Vista and Goleta community for more than 45 years! The organization’s main objective is to enrich the education in the UCSB surrounding community and ultimately motivate them to pursue higher education.
- Email: email@example.com
RAICES DE MI TIERRA
- Raices de mi Tierra is a ballet folklórico group here at UCSB! Raices goal is to promote and cultivate the study and performance of traditional Mexican dance forms.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Latino Business Association is a student-run, non-profit organization, they thrive on a variety of activities to complete and fulfill our goals. In doing so, we have built a firm foundation through various career exposition, leadership conferences, community involvement, guest speakers, and fundraisers. The Latinx Business Association, emphasizes academic, communal, and corporate networks.
- El Congreso is an activist Chicanx/Latinx student organization and a recognized official M.E.C.H.A. chapter here at UCSB. El Congreso de UCSB is comprised of committees of various organizations to address community challenges and other various areas of needs. Through its workshops, programs, and conferences, El Congreso strives to empower, defend, and support the needs of Chicanx/Latinx students and the local community.
- Contact: email@example.com
- The Chicanx/Latinx Graduation, also known as CLG, or the UCSB Comunidad Latinx Graduacion is a student-run organization that funds for its own graduation by coordinating fundraisers, finding generous sponsors, and collecting member fees. The UCSB Comunidad Latinx Graduacion is an end of the year celebration for Latinx students and families.